25250 Rockside Road
Bedford Heights, Ohio
Day + Time
This is a blended learning course. 8 Hours of the class will be completed online prior to arriving for on-site training. After the student registers and pays for the class, a member of our staff will email a link for the online portion to the participant.
Fri: 5:00p – 9:00p
Sat: 9:00a – 6:00p
Sun: 9:00a – 6:00p
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards then surface dive to a depth of 8 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.