Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 lifeguard season.
The Lifeguard Stand
All you need is a willingness to learn – no experience is necessary! Our training takes place over just a few days – but don’t let that fool you! We produce some of the best lifeguards in the country. Register for classes with Hastings Water Works.
We supply lifeguards all over Northeast Ohio and beyond, including Akron, Avon, Aurora, Beachwood, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Brunswick, Canton, Cleveland, Copley, Euclid, Hudson, Macedonia, Mentor, North Olmsted, North Royalton, Parma, Stow and Strongsville. We also have staff a pool in Columbus, Ohio area.
Most certifications can run you up to $250 with no guarantee of a job after completion. At Hastings Water Works, you will have a job and pay only a fraction of the cost of traditional certifications. Call 440-832-7705 and ask for the lifeguard department for more information or fill out an application for your desired location.
Find Our Job Postings on INDEED
NEW COURSES OFFERED BY HASTINGS WATER WORKS
- All classes will take place at Rockside Park Towers, 25400 Rockside Road, Bedford Heights, OH 44146
- You must attend all training days for the class you have selected.
- You must be able to pass all American Red Cross Lifeguard Training prerequisites.
- This is a blended learning course. The first part of training will be a 4 to 5 hour online training which you will receive 24-48 hours after payment is made. All sections must be completed successfully before the first day of your scheduled class.
- To register for a class or for questions call (440) 832-7705.
Gives lifeguard candidates (minimum age 15) the skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. This course contains activities to prepare candidates to recognize and respond to emergencies both in the water and on the surrounding deck.
Requirements & Prerequisites
- Students are required to attend all class dates and times listed for each specific class.
- Students must arrive 10 minutes early to each scheduled class.
- Students must complete a 300 yard swim, any combination of styles including: freestyle or breaststroke. At no time during the swim may a student stop or put their feet on the bottom of the pool. This is not a timed swim.
- Students are required to swim 20 feet, preform a feet first surface dive to a depth of 8 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface with the object, swim back to the starting point and exit the pool without using steps or a ladder. Test must be completed in under 1 minute and 40 seconds without the use of googles.
- Students must complete a 2 minute tread with their hands out of the water.
Items needed for class
- Swimsuit, towel, goggles and swim cap if needed, extra change of clothing, pen or pencil, and notebook for notes
- Lunch Break: Lifeguards are welcome to bring a lunch or they will be given 30 minutes to get food and bring it back to the facility
- We will also provide 5 & 10 minute breaks throughout the training
All Rights Reserved.
10331 Brecksville Rd. Brecksville, Oh 44141 | 440-832-7700
Design by DaSh factor LLC