Aquatic Facility Management
Our comprehensive care provides safety and peace of mind
Many people depend on the reliability of your facility. Let Hastings Water Works shoulder that responsibility. With our turnkey Aquatic Facility Management program (AFM) you can focus on other work while Hastings Water Works focuses on the pool.
Providing certified professional lifeguards, environmentally safe, biodegradable chemicals and cutting-edge technologies, Hastings Water Works manages or services close to 150 commercial and municipal aquatic facilities across northern Ohio. Recently we have introduced our service culture into central Ohio to meet the growing needs of the Columbus market.
Managing aquatic facilities effectively can consume most of your day, yet neglecting it has serious consequences. We open and close the pool daily, ensure it is clean and operating properly and that it is appropriately staffed with professional lifeguards. Our AFM service covers all areas of the facility, even the locker rooms, bathrooms and shower areas. With our Bathroom Supply Service, Hastings Water Works offers a comprehensive bathroom cleaning service, keeping your facility clean, safe and fully stocked throughout the season.
Hastings Water Works provides everything for the life of a pool – from preventative maintenance and upkeep, to daily management and operations, to open and close, repairs, lifeguarding, swim lessons, water aerobics, pool parties and special events to generate revenues and increase profitability.
Safety, Supervision and Maintenance - in the water and out
• Affiliated with the American Red Cross, the largest primary lifeguard certification protocol in the world.
• Our staff includes professional trained Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors (WSI), Lifeguard Instructors (LGI), Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT), Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) and Aquatic Examiner.
• Over the past five years, 26 of our lifeguards have been ranked in the top 100 Golden Guards annually, out of some 35,000 guards worldwide. Ten of those were in 2008 alone!
• Our lifeguards are 16 years or older, with criminal background checks for 18 years and older. (It’s not unusual for other organizations to staff at the minimum age of 15 years with no background checks required.)
• Each summer we have three unannounced, videotaped audits by an American Red Cross Examiner to review guards' skills and training procedures.
• We hold $11 million of liability insurance, affording you maximum coverage should the need ever occur.
• We staff multiple on-call guards daily for immediate dispatch from our offices.
• Hastings Water Works employs a full-time, year-round aquatics department staff, including a Aquatics Director, Director of Lifeguard Operations and assistants.
• We also employ a staff of 15 full-time, year-round technicians who are also certified lifeguards for immediate coverage or emergency response.
• Hastings Water Works “Learn to Swim” program is comprised of two-week sessions with seven levels of instruction. The program is conducted by our certified lifeguards, who receive additional “Learn to Swim” training and certification.
• Lifeguards are employees of Hastings Water Works, which handles all training, certification, payroll liabilities, recruiting, hiring, insurance and risk management.